Saturday, 14 April 2012

About Ryan’s Interview

First place: I’m not here to write if Ryan is actually guilty or not, if he is lying or not. This is more a Signal Facial Expression observation.
Ryan - “We hitted it off perfectly”.
0.10” – For me at the very beginning with Ryan and from my point view, I start with a SIGNAL. Amazing, as he just starts saying the sentence above his body language reveals a “nod”, this for me shows a contradiction on what his saying about the “perfectly start”. Why? Because, as he says a positive sentence, he sends a negative non-verbal message. Which brings to the conclusion (for me) that, although his sentence is in past sense, his “nod” isn’t a past issue, because I believe that every couple at the start of their married live (unless they’re forced to do so), is actually a happy and has a “perfect” start, which tracks my mind that he is referring to a close past-present situation – is it days or weeks or months before a death? I don’t know.
His eyes accessing cue doesn’t give us any clue that his referring the happiness at the beginning (past or present) because as he says it, his looking at the camera… like his showing the public the idea they were happy.
He also raises his eyebrows at the beginning to emphasis his answer, knowing what to answer, which gives the idea, and I do believe so, that he knows the questions to be done...which triggers me the idea that he accepted this interview to try and convince the audience what he couldn’t do to the juror of the three trails.

Interviewer - “Was there any friction?”
Ryan - “None whatsoever”
 0.11”- Before the moment of the answer, Ryan closes his eyes for more than 1 second, all thou the “nod” combines with the negative sentence, but the closing eyes before his answer, for me, is a clue that he shuts his eyes to hide something between them (him and the Interviewer), his negative response.

Interviewer - “Everything was cool?”
Ryan - “Perfect…perfect”
 0.13”- Bingo! And this one, we can see that he tries to control his body language, and I say so, because as he starts answering, his about the raise his head to “yes” and then an huge “nod” at the sometime he takes a deep breath. This for me is a SIGNAL, and as his finished the “perfect”, voila, another eye-shut. And the second word “perfect” has a clear lower tone…
 He eyes accessing cues leads his to the Auditory Remembering. This probably reveals that Ryan is a Auditory Processing System, but if so, does he need to remember words/sounds to tell us the it was “perfect” or is he recalling words that have been said, so that it won’t go against or reveal something that its not to be known. I don’t know. (Attention, although we see flattened lips, it’s just the ending of second word “perfect”)



Narrator – He had only one worry about Sarah…
Ryan – “My biggest problem with her, was her sleep…she would work regular days and she would need to go to bed earlier…she would be taking a nap…I just thought…something wasn’t healthy about it… your 24 years old”
- So, after all there was friction. 0.25.23” - There is a micro-expression that I missed, but after several views, it spotted to me as a SIGNAL and I’ll post a image of what I’m saying. He does it between “I just thought” and “something wasn’t healthy about it”, a scornful-smile. After that, on the next sentence, as he says it, there’s no sadness here, but instead, I can sense in his tone, some aggressiveness. This tone increases more when he end the last phrase, besides, keep attention that, when he starts talking, he uses past tense, but when comes to the last phrase, it’s on present tense. Also as he says those two phrases I can see that his searching his emotions/feelings cue. Reformulating all it, he searches his emotions to answer and through the process, there’s a feeling by saying the last sentence that giveaway contempt.
Interviewer – She’s where? Laying on the couch?
Ryan – “Laying on the couch, yeah…”
Ok, before showing the time/image, I would like to say something, it’s this dialogue between them two. Ryan uses the dialogue of the interviewer about Sarah being in the couch. His rephrasing it – this for me has two sides. One, confirms more and more that Ryan knows the questions to answer or, second his hidding something. 0.43.83” – And here we go again. Why? Watch the image below…It’s at the precise time the interviewer asks “She’s where?” Once more this scornful smile that he shows doesn’t help much in his interview. I can’t match the facial expression with the question, because the report has cuts through the whole interview, but grabbing from what the Narrator says before, it proofs two things. First, he knows the questions and he feels confident, arrogant and blows a sense of amusement. Second, is that the interviewer is coming close to what happened that night…and how does he show his feelings…scornful smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment